SVG File Size

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cschill
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SVG File Size

Post by cschill » 27 Feb 2011 05:53

Hello,

Thank you for this beautiful tool! I have been using it to visualize people-place interactions. So, my nodes have lat, long attributes. I am using the GeoLayout plugin to layout the nodes.

In my current project, I have about 50,000 nodes and 150,000 edges. When I export to SVG, I get a file that is 30MB. It makes it very difficult to work with in adobe. What I'd like to do is underlay a picture of a map. The SVG file size is super high resolution and very large (diameter). I was looking for ideas to (massively) decrease the resolution of the map I export to SVG.

Thanks for any ideas!
Chris

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: SVG File Size

Post by mbastian » 29 Mar 2011 07:01

I've never succeeded to load more than a 10 or 15mo SVG file in Adobe.

There is no really a concept of resolution here, as its all vectorial. It's just too many elements for Adobe to handle. Except reducing the number of elements, you may try to export nodes, edges and labels separately and merge them again when you have images.