[SOLVED] Screenshot problems and smth else

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Urbanist
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Screenshot problems and smth else

Post by Urbanist » 05 Dec 2010 15:18

Hi there, I am a newcomer. Gephi is the awesomest software which is currently saving my ... research project.

Anyway, I started using it yesterday, generated a cool-looking graph via GeoLayout and a self-made .gdf file, but I've got several issues which concern me. I would appreciate if you react on this topic soon, since my due date is coming :(

1) Nothing seems to happen when I press the button "Take Screenshot"... Even when I edited the settings and set the autosave folder, there are no .png files appearing anywhere... It doesn't seem to save any screenshots or I just don't know where to look for them...

2) "Label text settings": although I do save my project every time, the program seems to reset the attributes to display for edges from "Weight" to "Label". So every time I have to go to settings and change that stuff again. Such a pain...

3) When I try to set font "Size mode" as "Node size", the graph screen is filled with black, it seems like edge label becomes extremely large and fills the screen, and yeah, interface is frozen. I think that happens either because my geo-layout scale is large (10^6) or because my edge weight values are quite large... I don't know if there is a way to fix that...

The file attached is actually generated by "print-screen" button after all the amendments I have made... Just in case you are interested.

Thanks for reading and answering,
Michael
Attachments
Michael-Yuseong-1.png

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Screenshot problems and smth else

Post by admin » 05 Dec 2010 22:58

Hi Michael,

It's nice if the tool helps you :)

1) What is your operating system and graphic card? At first, set the "AntiAliasing" option to 0x, and keep weight/heights at low values. If it doesn't work, update your graphic card drivers. If it still doesn't work, forget this feature, and use the Preview to output your visuals.

2) Yes we are aware that it misses. We plan to fix it in a future release. Workaround: use the Data Laboratory to duplicate the edge "Weight" column to "Label". Make a copy of your project before if you are not sure of what to do.

3) It is because the label size is linearly correlated to the weight values. There is no fix but setting the font size the smallest possible before displaying labels.

Good luck!
Seb

Urbanist

Re: Screenshot problems and smth else

Post by Urbanist » 06 Dec 2010 12:16

Dear Seb,

Thank you very much for your quick reply, it was really helpful! I have updated my graphics drivers, and now it works. And the workaround for the second issue is just great ;)