[FIXED] edge color for undirected graphs

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
daniel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[FIXED] edge color for undirected graphs

Post by daniel » 17 Nov 2010 13:58

Hello,

I'm a little confused with how the color is set on edges in overview mode when visualizing an undirected graph.

Here is the deal :
I got a graph with green nodes and red nodes :
screen1.png
screen1.png (8.02KiB)Viewed 2691 times
When I move my cursor over a node, I would like to see every edge colored like the other node it is connected to. It's the case here :
screen2.png
screen2.png (9.53KiB)Viewed 2691 times
and here :
screen3.png
screen3.png (9.21KiB)Viewed 2691 times
But sometimes you get that :
screen4.png
screen4.png (11.1KiB)Viewed 2691 times
Where the node currently selected is a green one and it's connected to red ones, yet the edge is green.

I guess that even if the graph is in undirected mode, the colors of each node is set to the color of the source node like defined in the graph file. I think this is very wrong because an undirected graph should not be changed at all when you swap source and target for all edges.

What I would like is that the edge color to be the color of the other node when one is selected (yes, it means that the colors change when you move the cursor over a node) as if the "source" node became the one that is selected and the target nodes all the other nodes directly linked to it.

Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks.

PS : The new Gephi beta is really cool !

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: edge color for undirected graphs

Post by mbastian » 23 Nov 2010 06:07

Yep, thanks for your nice description ;) This is a bug, I just filled a bug report. Thanks.