Export to Graphic with stable(!) positions

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tschoellhorn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Export to Graphic with stable(!) positions

Post by tschoellhorn » 31 May 2019 14:35

Hi,

I use gephi to create a dynamic Network. Now I want to create "snapshots" of this network at different points in time. I use the Gephi-Toolkit for that as I want to create reproducible results. Most importantly, I'd like to keep the once computed and exported positions of the nodes stable.

This work quite well - but it has one glitch: In my networks some nodes appear later and they have an outer position. The problem is, that Gephi seems to recalculate the positions in the canvas relatively to the most out-lying nodes, even though the positions are stored in its (x,y)-coordinates.

As a result the positions of my nodes are not always stable.

Are there any hints or proposals how I could fix the translation of Gephi's coordinates to the Export? I tried to use the "AppearanceContronler" and the Preview-API for that. But I did not any clues how I could manage that.

Any help is appreciated!

Tino

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable