Arrows with curved edges

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mcallisto
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Arrows with curved edges

Post by mcallisto » 21 May 2018 15:11

Hi,

I am testing some PNG renderings with Gephi Toolkit 0.9.2

Within the same exact code:

* if I have

Code: Select all

model.getProperties.putValue(PreviewProperty.DIRECTED, true)
      model.getProperties.putValue(PreviewProperty.ARROW_SIZE, 100.0f)
      model.getProperties.putValue(PreviewProperty.EDGE_CURVED, false)
the arrows are perfectly shown in the exported PNG image file

* if I change the last line to (setting EDGE_CURVED to true)

Code: Select all

model.getProperties.putValue(PreviewProperty.EDGE_CURVED, true)
the arrows are not displayed.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you,

Mario

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Arrows with curved edges

Post by eduramiba » 21 May 2018 17:29

Hi Mario,

Arrows are not supported for curved lines.

mcallisto

Post by mcallisto » 21 May 2018 22:45

Hi, thank you for your quick reply.

A few questions:

1. It is just lack of priority or there is any fundamental problem against it?

2. If not the latter, how could arrows for curved lines enter in the future roadmap?
I would love to render graphs like this, they need curved lines but are also directedImage

3. Is there any place in the documentation where it would make sense to mention this current lack of support?

Best,

Mario

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 22 May 2018 11:45

It will probably be supported in some future, as I am (slowly) working on a new renderer.

Anyway, the clockwise of the curve is the direction of the edge in curved edges, so arrows are not necessary.