Node representation: Rectangles and/or triangles instead of circles

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
optigusprime
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Node representation: Rectangles and/or triangles instead of circles

Post by optigusprime » 21 Mar 2018 15:30

Hello everybody,

Me and my class mate are currently working on our masters thesis. To keep it short, we are mapping an ecosystem. This is done via excel files and then importing this into Gephi to produce a visual result.

We have been looking into Gephi and so far learnt a lot, but we still have lots to learn. We are looking to publish this thesis as a paper which are only black and white. Which means the color of the node type might be a visual problem. So to the question to Gephi proffessionals:

(TLDR:) Is there a way to change the node types into rectangles and triangles instead of only circles?

I did try to import the image, but in the preview it doesnt look too good. This is a draft of our result: https://imgur.com/a/uzrgO

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Node representation: Rectangles and/or triangles instead of circles

Post by eduramiba » 22 Mar 2018 10:11

You can use the polygon nodes plugin, but it does not implement export to SVG or PDF, so your nodes will disappear on export. This is a known problem of the plugin https://gephi.org/plugins/#/plugin/polygon-shaped-nodes