[FIXED] Edge weight in preview mode?

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
seinecle
Gephi Community Support
[FIXED] Edge weight in preview mode?

Post by seinecle » 17 Sep 2010 11:13

Hi,

I have a graph with weighted edges but in the preview mode they are all of the same thickness. Is it normal?

Best,

Clement

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Edge weight in preview mode?

Post by admin » 19 Sep 2010 08:57

Hi,

The Preview mode rescale the thickness according to the node sizes, so an edge can't be larger than them. This may be the reason of slighter difference.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 19 Sep 2010 14:08

Ok, thanks!

Is there any correspondence between edge's thickness and node's size? I mean,

- let's imagine a network with nodes of different sizes

- the node with the smallest size has a size of, say, "20"

=> What is the edges' maximum thickness before it gets "capped" by the node's size? (much less than 20 I suspect?)

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 23 Sep 2010 16:25

Sorry to insist, but:

I have a graph with:
all nodes size set to 4
edges weight between 0 and 1.

=> Yet on the preview mode the edges's thickness is uniform. What should I do to see the real weights in the preview mode?

Thx!

Clement

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mbastian » 26 Sep 2010 17:29

The Preview mode rescale the thickness according to the node sizes, so an edge can't be larger than them. This may be the reason of slighter difference.
No this is actually not the case. Currently there is no thickness rescale in Preview. Between 0 and 1 is small so that is probably why you don't see the difference. However you can always increase the edge's thickness (preview option), that will basically multiply the weight.

In the 0.7beta I added a "rescale weight" option that would rescale the range of values in fixed bounds, like Overview does.