[SOLVED] Export 3D representation

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ywcabow
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Export 3D representation

Post by ywcabow » 01 Sep 2010 06:06

Hi,

I was wondering whether there is anyone who happens to know how to export the 3D representation of a graph (node in 3D) as when I exported the graph to .pdf, it becomes 2D.

Thank you very much.
Last edited by ywcabow on 01 Sep 2010 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Export 3D representation

Post by admin » 01 Sep 2010 10:25

Hi,

You can use bluit-in screenshots: http://gephi.org/users/tutorial-visualization/

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 01 Sep 2010 12:21

I agree with ywcabow, there is a real need for better support of export of 3D representation (because taking a screenshot is not enough, it does not render colors adequatly)

See the related thread: http://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=484

ywcabow

Post by ywcabow » 01 Sep 2010 19:00

Thanks for the information.
I found that if I specify high resolution for the snapshot(e.g. 4096x4096), the output png(e.g. color rendering) looks quite different from what is on the screen.
Is there any good way to get around this?

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 02 Sep 2010 18:57

Thanks, I answered on the other thread.