3D Model Export

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ccj242
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3D Model Export

Post by ccj242 » 26 Jul 2014 20:59

Hi there,

Using Gephi and ForceAtlas 3D, I was able to render a visualization of 10,000 words and their synonym relationships for a video game I'm making:
http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/159329/ ... eight=5000

The primary reason for this was to use the vector locations for each word to compute relative distance from any one word to another quickly, which is working and I could only have done with Gephi. Thank you!

But I would love to render a 3d model of this as a promotional tool; (as the 2d screenshot is quite misleading; some words appear to be close to one another but are actually on other ends of the z axis). Is there a way to export the graph in a 3D format or reconstruct the graph in another program that's able to do this?

If not, is there a way to perhaps rotate the image around the y axis and capture, say, 120 images every 3 degrees? Then combine these into a 3d model?

Thanks so much! Amazing program and community surrounding it.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable