Edge layering based on weight

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sgerosgero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Edge layering based on weight

Post by sgerosgero » 24 Jan 2014 11:18

Hello,

I am relatively new to Gephi so this might be something I missed.

But is it possible to dictate the layering of the edges? Such that heavier edges are on top and ALWAYS overlap the weaker edges behind them. I have a problem in that my network is highly modular, but the heavier edges within clusters are hidden by a cloud of weaker edges between them. Basically I am looking for a way to ensure that heavier edges overlap the weaker ones and weaker edges are always under heavier ones.

I know one can set which nodes are on top using the Z parameter in the edit window, but nodes have both weak and heavy edges so it doesn't fix my problem. Plus it would be great if it was a universal fix somehow.

This also seems to affected by the file type outputted. PDFs seem to be random in terms of which edges end up on top, while SVG more accurately reflects the preview in Gephi.

Thanks
Shane

***sorry I think I cross-posted this under two topics

ticoalu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Edge layering based on weight

Post by ticoalu » 07 May 2015 03:14

I have the same issue. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!