Seeing SVG export in Illustrator.

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
holyfeld
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Seeing SVG export in Illustrator.

Post by holyfeld » 03 Dec 2013 02:18

At the end of my knowledge. I used Gephi to create a neat network of factors influencing quality in a client's software process. I'm trying to get it the network into Illustrator so I can "make it pretty" for presentations.

Using
Gephi 0.8.2 beta
Adobe Illustrator CS 5 version 15.1.0
Mac OSX 10.9

I can export the svg file from the preview page. I even found the advanced option to create weighted lines.

I can open the svg file in a text editor and see the object definitions.

When I open the svg file with Illustrator all I see is a blank workspace.

Other pertinent details

1. reasonably new to gephi
2. even newer to illustrator - I could be making a noob import error.

Should this work? Reading the forums and the net says it should be no problem

Suggestions on what I might try so I can see the network map in Illustrator?

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Seeing SVG export in Illustrator.

Post by seinecle » 03 Dec 2013 22:59

Hi,
Yes I recognize the same noob error I made in Illustrator when I started!

So, that's not an error really. It's just that you have to zoom out a lot in Illustrator, because your network is there but outside of the canvas. Like, very far away on the top left. Once you see it, you can select it and drag it to the canvas - where it should be!

Let me know if this works,

Best,

Clement

holyfeld
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Seeing SVG export in Illustrator.

Post by holyfeld » 04 Dec 2013 02:13

Clement,

Exactly. And it was in the upper left outside the "canvas" as you said it might be.

I need to work some with the layout, but I'm now able to make progress.

Thank you!

holyfeld