3D visualization

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ahmadmh
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3D visualization

Post by ahmadmh » 21 May 2013 12:26

Hello!
I want to know how I can get a 3D graph ? I have the coordinates of all the nodes (x,y,z)in CSV file!

francis_flavin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 3D visualization

Post by francis_flavin » 22 May 2013 16:28

There is a plug-in for the Data Library that will help you.

You can find it here:

https://marketplace.gephi.org/plugin/recast-column/

Once you install it, if you go to the "More Actions" menu button, you'll see a couple of options in the "Group 3" category called "Recast column," "Get standart," and "Set standart."

I've found this plug-in to be enormously valuable because it allows you use Gephi tools to assign colors, and 3-space coordinates in a layout, and then capture those using the "Get standart" function. Or, you can generate your own color values or 3-space coordinate values using your own tools or algorithms and then, using "Set standart," you can make Gephi recognize them.

This is a wonderful plugin (thanks, Taras Klaskovsky!), and I hope you find it useful, too.

Francis