Label Behaviour with 3D Sphere Nodes

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ben.readhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Label Behaviour with 3D Sphere Nodes

Post by ben.readhead » 25 May 2010 16:18

Hi there,

I'd be really keen to hear people's advice on the label behaviour when using the 3D sphere nodes. I'm finding that with my project, some variable segment of the label is being cut out, usually just off centre to the sphere. Has anyone had this issue before, or found a solution? The behaviour resolves with 2D disks, but the sphere's give a nice appearance to the graph, so I'd like to keep them if possible.

In addition, I'm finding that adjacent labels are being obscured by the spheres, whereas this doesn't seem to happen with the 2D nodes. Is there a way to ensure the label text is always at the front?

Many thanks for your help!

Ben
Attachments
NodeLabelObscured_3D_label.png

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Label Behaviour with 3D Sphere Nodes

Post by mbastian » 25 May 2010 21:14

Hi, thanks for the feedback

Are you speaking about screenshots or this issues appears when visualizing?

I know there are some problems with text drawing in screenshots, because we use there texts in 3D mode and have to give them a Z position. That explains issues you're describing, as the sphere and labels can hide each other.

ben.readhead

Post by ben.readhead » 26 May 2010 12:06

Hi, I don't see either issue when visualising, only on the screen shots.

Do you think it's possible for me to add a z-position to all of my labels, so that they always sit in front of the nodes? It sounds like this would perhaps solve both problems. Or else any other workarounds you could suggest?

Many thanks for your help (and program!)

Ben

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 27 May 2010 09:59

I filled a bug about this issue.
Or else any other workarounds you could suggest?
I didn't found a workaround for the moment, sorry.