Saving color palette of partition

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
osire56
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Saving color palette of partition

Post by osire56 » 23 Feb 2013 08:56

Hello,
I regularly update (reimport) my DB into gephi for statistical and visual treatment. The DB update is performed on a local server.
Every time, I partition the nodes on the same criterion (7 classes)
Every time I do that, a new color code is generated for every class. So it results that the color code changes from time to time and is perturbates the analysis.
My question is : Is it possible to SAVE a particular color palette to be reused on what is considered by Gephi as a "new project" ?
Or is is possible to reimport updated data to overwrite that of the older datasheet while keeping the same features (layout, nodes and edges partition, ranking, aso) ?
Thanks for your help
Olivier

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Saving color palette of partition

Post by admin » 23 Feb 2013 10:20

Hi,

It is unfortunately not possible for the moment. We have to code again the Partition module.

Benjamin

Post by Benjamin » 01 Aug 2013 11:26

I also find it very annoying that this always happens! I would very much appreciate if you could change this. Even when you just klick in nodes, then links, and nodes again, the color setting changes...
So, +1 from my side!

Joost.vb

Post by Joost.vb » 31 Mar 2014 09:50

I'd like to bump this feature request.

gephiNY2014

Post by gephiNY2014 » 22 Apr 2014 19:57

I'd really love to have this function too! Before Gephi includes this function, however, this is what I did. It's manual and tedious, but it seems to work.
1) for the version of palette you want to stick to, right click each color and write down its Hex number (at the bottom) -- it's the color index
2)when the color palette changes again, select back the original color by right clicking on the color in the Partition window, replacing the Hex number, and clicking OK

keuchenius8

Post by keuchenius8 » 31 May 2014 12:28

yes, Im also looking for this function!!