Screenshot Scripting

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ed Florets
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Screenshot Scripting

Post by Ed Florets » 01 Nov 2012 18:58

I've been looking on this forum and I'm not sure any of the topics really match what I'm trying to do.

I would like to import a vector in Gephi and use the node ranking color bar to create an image. I've already used ForceAtlas2 for network layout (~46,000 nodes) so the node location won't change. What will change are the node attributes; the idea is that the color of the nodes will change. Theoretically I could import every vector (i.e., column), apply the node ranking, output the image with take screenshot, and do this repeatedly. However, I have a lot of time points, so doing this would be quite time consuming. Is there a way to script Gephi to import data and output an image?

My plan is to write a script that will use MATLAB and Gephi. MATLAB will do computation, a vector will be saved. This vector will be imported in Gephi, the node attributes will be applied to the network (i.e., apply node color), and a screenshot will be saved. From these screenshots, they will be compiled to create a video (i.e., a movie with nodes changing color over time).

Sorry for such a long post, but does anyone have experience with this or is Gephi capable of shell scripting to generate an image output? Thanks.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Screenshot Scripting

Post by admin » 02 Nov 2012 10:24

Hi,

Use the Gephi Tookit to create a java application for your specific needs: https://gephi.org/toolkit