[FIXED] Opacity/alpha of edges

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
peterkz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[FIXED] Opacity/alpha of edges

Post by peterkz » 05 May 2010 09:55

Hi!

I am exploring a data set with around 9000 nodes and 16000 edges (political twitter feeds/followers). Around 10 of my nodes are the target of the other nodes. This means a lot of edges coming into these nodes.

Currently this creates a solid area of edge color around these nodes:
edge_color.png
Example of edge colors
edge_color.png (99.08KiB)Viewed 4041 times
Is it possible to specify the opacity of edges so that massive amounts of edges are easier to see?

Regards,

Peter

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Opacity/alpha of edges

Post by mbastian » 05 May 2010 10:40

Hi, it's not possible to set edge opacity for the moment. I added this to our Ideas. Thanks.

The best way to do this however is to edit your SVG file in Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator I think. It will be quite easy to change this on a local selection of edges.

jannis

Re: Opacity/alpha of edges

Post by jannis » 01 Jun 2010 10:57

I'd also love to have an alpha channel wherever I define colors :)

Keep up the good work, I really really dig gephi!