Overlaying Graphs?

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
czanbaka
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Overlaying Graphs?

Post by czanbaka » 22 Aug 2012 19:42

Hello,

I have a data set to display in addition to the 'truth' data. I was wondering if there is a way to overlay 2 graphs. I am using the CoordinateView layout as my nodes have X and Y locations.

I thought one way to do this is to include the truth data with my data and add a boolean column for whether it is my data or truth data, then I can use a filter to turn that layer on and off. BUT, I have LOTS of data, and this would essentially double the size of the data.

Anyone have any ideas for a more elegant solution?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Overlaying Graphs?

Post by eduramiba » 23 Aug 2012 16:30

Hi,
You can achieve this without changing your data and playing a bit with workspaces.

Follow these steps:
  • Import each of your graphs in a different workspace of the same project
  • Go to data laboratory
  • Add a new column to each workspace, boolean for example.
  • In data laboratory, use the fill a column with values feature to fill it with a different value in each workspace (true|false)
  • In any of the workspaces, select all nodes, right click them and use copy to workspace to copy them to the other workspace
  • Now you can apply an attribute filter
Important: I just found a bug in the copy to other workspace feature. It is does not take care to check that column types on both workspaces match, but only checks if, for example, a column with index 6 exists before adding it to the other workspace.
So make sure they have the same number of columns and your new column type and title is the same in both workspaces.

Eduardo

czanbaka

Re: Overlaying Graphs?

Post by czanbaka » 23 Aug 2012 18:20

Thanks Eduardo,

The workspace feature is very useful!

Cathy