[TODO] Changing node shapes

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Carrott
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: [TODO] Changing node shapes

Post by Carrott » 24 Apr 2012 12:03

Hi Eduardo,

thank you so much for your response. Does this mean at this stage I cannot create and export a network with square nodes?

Thanks,
Cara

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by eduramiba » 24 Apr 2012 12:06

Yes, it is not possible at the moment.

Eduardo

bourdux

Post by bourdux » 13 Nov 2013 16:52

Hello everyone.

First of all, congrats to the dev team. I hadn't used Gephi for three years and it's even better than before!

Any updates of the node shape functionality described in this topic?

Geraerts

Post by Geraerts » 15 Nov 2013 13:46

I'm wondering about that as well. It would be extremely helpful if the shape of the node can be changed for individual nodes!

gephiNY2014

Post by gephiNY2014 » 22 Apr 2014 20:31

I'd really love to have this function too. It would be so helpful to partition the nodes with different shapes.

sgerosgero

Post by sgerosgero » 25 Jul 2014 13:14

Just want to add my name to the list of users who feel this is an important, but minor, addition.

sebc28

Post by sebc28 » 17 Sep 2014 21:02

Same here, it would be cool to have shape as a ranking option instead of color or size (for example: rectangle node for low value attribute, circle node for high values)

armageddonas

Post by armageddonas » 01 Jan 2015 17:47

Hi, I just became a member to say that the "individual shape change" feature would be extremely useful!
My thanks to the whole team for the great software

Pedro Trillo

Post by Pedro Trillo » 10 Nov 2016 18:58

Hi there, in release Gephi 0.9.1 where can I find this option? I would like to create a network with circles, cubes, triangles and so on but it seems that in visualization options the nodes were deleted for these options. anyway if finally I can find these design features Can I do a preview? and the most important Can I export to sigma.js? thanks and congrats for this special software.

kloppenborg

Post by kloppenborg » 27 Dec 2017 15:21

I'm new to Gephii, but would very much like a function that would differentiate nodes not only by color, but by shape - triangle, circle (solid and outline), square, star, etc.
I'm preparing a manuscript in which the images will all be B/W not color, so the colored nodes doesn't help me much.