[SOLVED] Viewing arrows in directed graphs in SVG exports

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lorin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Viewing arrows in directed graphs in SVG exports

Post by lorin » 25 Apr 2010 12:41

I can't get Preview mode to put arrows on directed graphs edges, even though I've checked the "Arrows' box in the Preview Settings panel under Directed. I see the mutual arrows when there are edges in both directions between two nodes, but when it's a unidirectional edge, the arrows don't seem to appear. (They show up just fine in the regular view, it's just in Preview more where they dont' appear). Is this feature supported yet?

I'm running version 0.7 alpha3 on Mac OS X 10.6.3.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Viewing arrows in directed graphs in SVG exports

Post by eduramiba » 25 Apr 2010 12:57

Hi lorin, make sure that the edges are not curved, or arrows won't show.

lorin

Post by lorin » 25 Apr 2010 14:39

Thank, eduramiba, turning off curved edges worked.

Acrobeles

Post by Acrobeles » 26 Oct 2010 09:04

Hmmmm... though I have had arrows working before, mine does not seem to draw arrows on directed edges in preview mode when the edges are straight... anyone else have this problem?

dbliss

Post by dbliss » 12 Jan 2011 22:44

Yes, Acrobeles, I'm having the same problem.

antonlord

Post by antonlord » 28 Mar 2011 22:15

I was having a similar problem. The issue I had was the distance between nodes was too small for the arrows to appear. Try separating your nodes more to fix the problem.

peyotino

Post by peyotino » 09 May 2011 00:11

hello
I have the same problem about arrows with gephi 0.8... for me it's impossible to put arrows in directed edge... straights or curved, it's the same for me... I just can't have the arrows and I really need it in my graph !
Anyone knows about it ? maybe I'm just forgot something.
I'll really appreciate if someone can explain me how can I do it !!!
thank's
peyo

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 12 May 2011 04:55

Did you reduced the "Arrow Radius" parameter?

It controls the minimum distance between the node and the arrow. When this distance is low, the arrow are not displayed.