Why is the vizualisation poorer than the General view?

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
yannis
Why is the vizualisation poorer than the General view?

Post by yannis » 27 Jan 2012 18:30

I probably don't know yet all the functionalities of Gephi, but here is my problem:

I open a graph in General View mode (Vue d'ensemble)
I have taken care of the weights so that in the General view, some edges are thin, others medium weight and others thick. This is perfect
Then I go to previsualisation and all that is lost. I produce a PDF file in which all edges look the same.
Is it possible that I can see something in the General view window and not being able to export it in PDF through the previsualisation?
There is an entry "Thickness" in the left panel of the visualisation window, but it takes a standard value, not something depending on weight.
What shall I do?? this is quite urgent.
Thank you very much in advance

Another similar (but less crucial) question: I have three weights in my file: 0.45, 0.5 and 0.6. The two large ones are fine, but the 0.45 one is practically invisible. How can I get the 0.45 one a bit thicker, without having the 0.5 and 0.6 getting monstruosily thick?

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Why is the vizualisation poorer than the General view?

Post by mbastian » 28 Jan 2012 19:45

The overview mode rescales edge weight between a fixed range to be more readable. The Preview mode doesn't do that by default but you can check the "Rescale weight" option and play with the thickness. You should get the same as Overview.
Another similar (but less crucial) question: I have three weights in my file: 0.45, 0.5 and 0.6. The two large ones are fine, but the 0.45 one is practically invisible. How can I get the 0.45 one a bit thicker, without having the 0.5 and 0.6 getting monstruosily thick?
That's happening because of the rescaling. The extremes are highlighted. In Preview with "Rescale weight off" the weight should be proportional to the number you imported, nothing more.

yannis

Re: Why is the vizualisation poorer than the General view?

Post by yannis » 29 Jan 2012 02:30

Thank you for your explanations.
Can I manually change the color and width of a specific link in the Preview window?
thanks in advance

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable