manually calculating weights

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kensuguro
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
manually calculating weights

Post by kensuguro » 09 Jan 2012 18:19

I have a huge graph (800 something mb) which won't fit in memory. That's including overlapping edges. Ideally, if I could read it in, the overlapping edges get automatically counted as weights. To overcome the memory issue, I precalculated the weights (I want to rank by a specific variable) and have loaded all the edges with the variable that represents the weights. (column called "percent")

Problem is, I can't "assign" the "percent" column as the weights in order to control the edge line width. Is there a way to make an arbitrary variable control the line width?

edit:
hmm, I guess I can copy over the data to the weights column. Seems to round the values tho.

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: manually calculating weights

Post by mbastian » 10 Jan 2012 05:47

Have you thought about putting your graph in Neo4j? Neo4j supports parallel edges. You could then uses the Neo4j Plugin.