[SOLVED] no arrows with curved lines?

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kensuguro
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] no arrows with curved lines?

Post by kensuguro » 08 Jan 2012 21:23

I have a directional graph where some of the nodes have both in and out connections. The edges have weights so I need to see the lables of both in and out bound connections, but the default straight arrows just go over each other. If I turn on curves, the overlapping problem is solved, but now I lose the arrows and lose directionality. Is there a way to change this? Why no arrows with curved lines anyway?

Also, is there a way to combine curved arrows with straight lines? Seems it's pointless to make unidirectional edges curvy.

here's the output image. The bidirectional edge is at the top right, between node C and B
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/gephitest.png/

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: no arrows with curved lines?

Post by admin » 08 Jan 2012 21:48

Hi,

This is because the curve indicates the direction of the edge: read an edge clockwise from a source node to a target node.

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 09 Jan 2012 00:31

Why no arrows with curved lines anyway?
It would be nice if someone could code this feature. It shouldn't be difficult to add.

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro » 09 Jan 2012 01:29

admin wrote:Hi,

This is because the curve indicates the direction of the edge: read an edge clockwise from a source node to a target node.
Out of curiosity, is that some sort of standard? Or a Gephi convention?

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 09 Jan 2012 14:36

jemiller31

Re: [SOLVED] no arrows with curved lines?

Post by jemiller31 » 25 Nov 2014 18:46

So is it possible to export curved lines to QGIS?