How to represent clusters with "potatoes"?

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
seinecle
Gephi Community Support
How to represent clusters with "potatoes"?

Post by seinecle » 15 Apr 2010 14:26

Hi,

Is it possible to represent clusters in a network by drawing a "potato-like" shape around the nodes of each clusters?
What I mean is something like this: http://vimeo.com/4551215

But I don't know if it made it in 0.7!

Thanks,

Clement

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to represent clusters with "potatoes"?

Post by admin » 15 Apr 2010 23:36

Hi,

We didn't make it in 0.7 due to huge performances issues.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 16 Apr 2010 13:45

Thx!

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 28 Apr 2010 15:35

A late follow-up: would it be possible to include it in the "Preview" mode? This way, I suppose it would not need to be computed in real time or anything, it would be just a static display.

This would nicely complement the community detection algorithm from the main panel, by giving it a visual interpretation. What do you think?

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mbastian » 28 Apr 2010 16:13

yes sure I agree that was also part of the original plan :) . Preview is particularly suitable as you suggest it because we don't need real-time.

After the summer, when the Preview Refactoring will be complete, this job will be much easier and I think we can do it at that moment.