[SOLVED] Coordinates in Gephi, coordinates in PDF

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bootsmaat
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Coordinates in Gephi, coordinates in PDF

Post by bootsmaat » 13 Dec 2011 11:57

Hey there,

I have a network of 800 nodes and 2000 edges. I'm trying to do the following: create an image (vector or pixel based) for each node that highlights the node, e.g. by adding a vivid color to it while all other nodes are grey. The result would be 800 different images, each highlighting a different node.

I hope this process can be automated as it would be too time-consuming to create 800 images manually. What's the best way to accomplish this?

Here's my idea: I create a PDF with my network. I feed some program the coordinates of the nodes so it creates copies of the pdf in which the specified node is highlighted. The first problem I came across though when opening the PDF in Adobe Illustrator for a test was that the coordinates in the PDF as displayed in Illustrator don't match the coordinates that Gephi displays in the "Edit" window. Also I'm not sure what software to use to automate the PDF editing.

Does this make sense? How can I solve this problem?

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Coordinates in Gephi, coordinates in PDF

Post by admin » 13 Dec 2011 12:59

Hi,

You can also directly output 800 PDF using the Gephi Toolkit: https://gephi.org/toolkit/

bootsmaat

Re: Coordinates in Gephi, coordinates in PDF

Post by bootsmaat » 13 Dec 2011 22:08

I'll look into it, thanks!