[SOLVED] Determining node size by specified parameters

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MattMC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Determining node size by specified parameters

Post by MattMC » 18 Jul 2011 10:39

Hi,

I am currently trying to create a visualization of my followers on instagram. In the current display the node size is represntative of degree or number of connections. I want the node size to be representative of the number of likes each node in my network has given to my photographs.

I am exporting the data from NodeXL as a GraphML file and I cannot work out how to assign the 'Number of Likes' column to the node size in Gephi.

Please let me know if/how I can achive this.

Many thanks in advance.
Matt.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Determining node size by specified parameters

Post by admin » 18 Jul 2011 10:55

Hi,

First, check if the column was correctly imported. Go to the Data Lab to see if the column exists.

If so, the column may have the type "String", but we need "Integer". Duplicate this column and for the type of this new column as "Integer". Then you can remove the previous column and use the new one in the Ranking panel.

Cheers!

MattMC

Post by MattMC » 18 Jul 2011 11:26

Hi,

Thanks again for the speedy reply.

The column has been imported as I can see it in the Data Lab but it appears under the 'Edges' tab rather then the 'Nodes' tab.

Do you mean I should duplicate the column in NodeXL or in Gephi? And where can I see the column type?

Thanks,
Matt.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 18 Jul 2011 12:44

I thought about duplicating on Gephi - I don't know NodeXL enough.

But this is weird that it loads as an Edge attribute! There is no way to move this column from the Edges to the Nodes in Gephi.