[SOLVED] Automatic zoom after filtering a graph object

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mdv
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Automatic zoom after filtering a graph object

Post by mdv » 06 Jun 2011 12:42

I am working with a small graph (60 nodes, 300+ edges) and exporting the full graph to a pdf works fine. However, when I start to filter the graph (and thereby reducing the number of nodes and edges) the pdf printouts are automatically zoomed in. I want to keep the pdf printout ratio stable. So I want the node size and position to be stable. Is this possible? Thanks!

M

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Automatic zoom after filtering a graph object

Post by admin » 06 Jun 2011 12:55

Not directly but you can tweak the margin option to reduce the "zooming" effect.

mdv

Post by mdv » 06 Jun 2011 13:41

OK, so there is no way to keep the node size and position fully stable? If I understand it correctly, adjusting the margins is just a trail and error procedure? Thanks

elijah
Gephi Community Support

Post by elijah » 06 Jun 2011 17:00

It's a hack, but you can place nodes at two diagonal corners. You'll have to include a method in your filtering that does not remove these nodes but if you "settle" them, then they won't be affected by most of the layouts.