[SOLVED] Different colors for Source/Target

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DataJunkie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Different colors for Source/Target

Post by DataJunkie » 19 May 2011 08:18

I am playing around with a graph trying to learn Gephi. I have a CSV file containing a User ID and a Thread ID. I imported the CSV as an "Edges" file with User ID as Source and Thread ID as Target.

How can I specify a different color for the Source and Target nodes? I am not sure if I am even approaching this correctly. I appreciate your help.

benoit
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Different colors for Source/Target

Post by benoit » 19 May 2011 08:22

You can specify it on the graph by clicking directly on the nodes that you want colored.

DataJunkie

Post by DataJunkie » 19 May 2011 08:53

I have thousands of nodes though :o

Is there a way to define a set of nodes and color all of those nodes?

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 19 May 2011 09:04

Hi,

Is it a bipartite network so "Source" nodes don't have incoming edges? If it's not the case, you also need to create a nodes table containing a column to define the "type" of the nodes, i.e.:

ID, MY_TYPE
node0, source
node1, target
node2, target
node3, source

You can import it before or after the edges table. Be sure the ID column correspond to User ID and Target ID to merge the data.

Once imported, use the Partition panel, select the "MY_TYPE" parameter, then Apply. You can change the colors by clicking on it (left click for an approximative selection, right-click to open a color wheel).