xyz axes in graph mode?

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
notthisbody
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
xyz axes in graph mode?

Post by notthisbody » 09 May 2011 18:57

Hi,

I'm definitely a n00b to Gephi and certainly to graph visualization. I understand that I can change the view to Sphere3d and then incline the view, but still all my nodes appear on the same 2d plane. Is there any trick or thing that I'm missing to be able to place nodes on different planes, either by using the plugin Phylogeny 3d or by working with heirarchies...something. Perhaps it depends on having a directed or undirected graph? Even the ability to place my nodes manually on different planes would be enough for what I'm looking to do.

Any ideas?

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: xyz axes in graph mode?

Post by admin » 09 May 2011 19:47

Hi,

You need to open the Advanced settings of the visualization and then change the node shape to 3d. See this tutorial to see how to open this panel.

notthisbody

Post by notthisbody » 09 May 2011 20:43

Thanks for the quick reply. I'd gotten this far and checked out the tutorial, and have indeed put things into Sphere3d. However, for instance when I change the inclination and zoom in, all the nodes are still on the same plane - when I use the hand tool, I can only drag them left/right or further/closer on the x and z axis, not change their y axis.

Dino77

Post by Dino77 » 16 Aug 2011 10:21

Good day, people, i need to know how to resolve the error "The node to be inserted is from a different document context" while adding nodes to the doc?