Dynamic mode movie

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
galwarion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dynamic mode movie

Post by galwarion » 11 Apr 2011 16:25

I saw videos from Gephi analyse on youtube (like Egyptian revolucion etc.). Does anybody know how is it done? Is it possible to do it also from gexf dynamic format in some way like to play timeline or is this done with real time capturing data stream from database and then make the movie?

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Dynamic mode movie

Post by seinecle » 12 Apr 2011 10:12

Hey,

Yes, nice dynamic datasets!

I don't know how they did, but here is certainly a possibility:
- build your gexf dynamic file.
- play it in the timeline while you record the animation with a video screen capture software.

Best,

Clement

galwarion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by galwarion » 12 Apr 2011 12:00

But how to play timeline? There is some possibility to play it? I thought that I can only manual move with it...

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 12 Apr 2011 13:25

Oh, I get your question now.

As far as I know, the timeline can only be moved manually now. It will surely be improved in a later version!

What you could do also is contact directly the authors of the Egypt twitter visualization and ask them how they did! I'd be curious to know whether they moved the timeline "by hand" or used a more elegant solution.

Best,

Clement

galwarion

Post by galwarion » 12 Apr 2011 13:52

I will do it and post his answer... I hoped that he is reading this forum or for example Sebastien knows how he did it...

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 12 Apr 2011 14:06

Hi,

He used the graph streaming API: http://gephi.org/plugins/graph-streaming/

The Play button will be developed this summer through the Google Summer of Code program.

galwarion

Post by galwarion » 12 Apr 2011 14:19

Great! Looking for that!