summing up weights for multiple edges in a directed graph

Screenshots, Vectorial Preview and printable exports
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sumitk7
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
summing up weights for multiple edges in a directed graph

Post by sumitk7 » 22 Jul 2017 12:05

Hello,

I want to confirm if Gephi sums up the weights in case of multiple edges between two nodes in a directed network. In a simple example that i created to check this, it did not. The same is the case for an undirected network.

Can any one please confirm this and advise if there is a way I can get the weights to sumed up. The multiple edges in my network are added at different times and thus i would like to retain them.

Thanks

xptrxptr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: summing up weights for multiple edges in a directed graph

Post by xptrxptr » 28 Jan 2018 11:32

You can save the network in Pajek net format and use Pajek to do it:
Network - Create New Network - Transform - Remove - Multiple Lines - Sum Values

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Re: summing up weights for multiple edges in a directed graph

Post by eduramiba » 22 Feb 2018 12:47

You should be able to do this in Gephi 0.9.2+ by importing a file and choose Sum in edges weight strategy, then import the second file and do the same. Repeated edges weights will be accumulated.