[TODO] Problem w/ selecting nodes w/ HeatMap + Shortest Path

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
London Rain
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[TODO] Problem w/ selecting nodes w/ HeatMap + Shortest Path

Post by London Rain » 15 Jan 2011 23:58

Using Gephi 0.7 Beta on Win7 64 Bit. If I try to select a node with the shortest path tool (aeroplane symbol) I can select the source node and the heading description changes to "Select a target node". However if I click another node then nothing else will happen and the heading will stay the same no matter which node I click.

Something similar goes for the heat map tool as well. If I select it the heading changes to "Click on a node" but if I click on a node nothing happens.

Any ideas?

London Rain
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Problem with selecting nodes with Heat Map and Shortest

Post by London Rain » 19 Jan 2011 16:42

Nobody? Is this perhaps a windows specific problem? Or do I need to keep some other key pressed for the last click?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 19 Jan 2011 22:00

That is strange, it should work fine. Please make sure that direct selection is enabled before clicking, maybe you have rectangle selection enabled.

London Rain

Post by London Rain » 19 Jan 2011 22:10

I'm sure I selected direct selection before clickin on one of the mentioned tools.

However I noticed that I cannot select a node with the direct selection tool by clicking as well. If I hover a node with that tool other nodes will be greyed out but I nothing else happens if I click that node. If I remove the cursor from the node the other nodes will be displayed again without the "fade out effect".

I can however select a single node by drawing a rectangle around it with the other selection tool.

So the root of the problem I mentioned in the first post might be that selecting itself won't work. :?:

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 27 Jan 2011 13:04

Yes, direct selection does not remember the selection when clicking for me too.

But I should check the tools problems when I have some time, thanks for reporting this problem.

London Rain

Re: [TODO] Problem w/ selecting nodes w/ HeatMap + Shortest

Post by London Rain » 15 Jul 2013 20:33

Two and a half years later (and on version 0.8.2) I still have the same problem. :(

uds1923

Re: [TODO] Problem w/ selecting nodes w/ HeatMap + Shortest

Post by uds1923 » 17 Sep 2016 16:29

Hi!

I'm new in this forum and also new with Gephi.

Do you know if the Shortest Path tool can show if there´re more than one (several shortest paths)? -I'm using the last version of Gephi.

Thanks in advanced!