[FIXED] different color for source and target nodes

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Alawya
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[FIXED] different color for source and target nodes

Post by Alawya » 06 Nov 2010 05:38

Hello
I am new to Gephi. I have a huge set of data and I couldn't visualize it with Gephi because it was so slow and it is impossible to see the relationships among nodes.
I created a sub set (around 100 node and 250 edges) and I am trying to order the graph and remove the over laps. Also, I want to distinguish the source and target with different colors. I don't want to go over each node manually. is there a way to apply some color to all source node and another color for all target node?
I also want to order the graph. is there a way to list all source nodes in one side and the target nodes on the other side?

Thanks a lot in advance

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: different color for source and target nodes

Post by mbastian » 06 Nov 2010 10:49

I guess you have a bipartite graph, to have different nodes for source and target.

You can create a filter to keep only source or target. Go to Filters and create a In-Degree filter (Topology). Move the slider on the right to remove source node and and the contrary for target nodes and then enable 'Filter'. Then once filtered you can apply a color to all nodes with the reset color button (explained here).

Alawya

Post by Alawya » 13 Nov 2010 03:56

Thanks a lot that worked :)

a.oboturov

Post by a.oboturov » 06 Apr 2011 11:10

Hello.

I use gephi-0.8-alpha to do colouring of source/target nodes of a graph. And I have a question about the "In Degree Filter": why am I struggling to select nodes with exactly 0 incoming degree? Filter is reset to maximal incoming degree of graph on each repaint if I set upper bound to 0. Is this intended behaviour?

Thanks,
Artem

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 06 Apr 2011 16:10

Thanks Artem,

A recent bug fix is touching this area, maybe another bug has been introduced. We'll check it.

In the meantime, for a single value you can use 'Equal' filters instead of 'Range'.

qwerty00

Re: [FIXED] different color for source and target nodes

Post by qwerty00 » 17 Aug 2012 15:36

Sorry i didnt get that. Could you please tell me the procedure more clearly to color source and target nodes separately? I am not able to find anything in the InDegree filter that allows me to differentiate between Source and Target nodes.