How to change the weight of only filtered records

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rjalex
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
How to change the weight of only filtered records

Post by rjalex » 31 Jan 2018 19:31

Dear friends,
I have around 30% of my arcs labeled as "metabolizes" in an "arc_type" column I've added to my data laboratory layout.

Currently all edges have a weight of 1.0

I would like to change this to 3.0 but only for the "metabolizes" arcs.

I triggered a filter that shows only the proper records and tried using the "fill columns" button which worked but then when I stopped the filter I found this changes ALL the records even those which are hidden by the filter.

Is there a(nother) way to perform what I need, within Gephi?

Thank you in advance.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to change the weight of only filtered records

Post by eduramiba » 31 Jan 2018 22:59

You can select the desired rows, right click, open all of them on edit panel and set the value you want to the any attribute.

Other way is select the desired rows, right click and use the 'Overwrite data to other selected nodes...' feature.

rjalex

Post by rjalex » 02 Feb 2018 12:19

Doh!

Thank you so much! Worked as a charm!

rjalex

Post by rjalex » 06 Mar 2018 09:33

Thank you!