[SOLVED] Nodes and labels

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Thibault
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Nodes and labels

Post by Thibault » 02 Mar 2010 12:36

Hello all,

Is it possible to show, on a node, not the url but the name of the site automatically ? I know it is possible to do it manually with the tool "Edit node attributes", but i have a lot of nodes and i would like to do it in one time.

And, so, is it possible to have the name of the site AND the possibility to open the hypertext link from the PDF format ?

Thanks (and sorry for my english ^^)

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Nodes and labels

Post by mbastian » 02 Mar 2010 22:16

Hi,
Is it possible to show, on a node, not the url but the name of the site automatically ?
Yes, you can set which attributes you want to display as labels. See the picture below.
gephi_configure_labels.png
Configure Labels on Visualization
And, so, is it possible to have the name of the site AND the possibility to open the hypertext link from the PDF format ?
If the text contains an URL, Acrobat doesn't recognize the URL ?

Thibault

Post by Thibault » 03 Mar 2010 18:09

Thanks.

Concerning the tool "configure labels" i can choose to show id, label, etc. No problem with this.

But i can't select an attribute corresponding to the name of the site (ex : "Le Monde", "Ministère de l'Economie" and not "http://www.lemonde.fr"...) with an hypertext link.

Unless i have to create a new attribute corresponding to this ? If it the case, how can i do ?

(Perhaps i can send you a mail or asking you in french because i don't know if i am clear)

Thanks !

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 08 Mar 2010 11:36

Hi,

The site name must be an attribute on its own. But why don't you fill the label with it?

Thibault

Post by Thibault » 17 Mar 2010 14:36

I found another way, thanks !