unconnected nodes

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MaryYacob
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
unconnected nodes

Post by MaryYacob » 23 Apr 2017 21:18

Hi, I visualized a network of twitter users and I have some unconnected small communities sitting in the peripheries of the layout. They consist of 2 to 3 nodes that are connected together but not to the larger community of network (about 700 hundred nodes). How do I get rid of them? I tried running the "connected components" metrics in the hope that I can filter them out, but I don't see that option in the filters. Any help?
Thanks.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: unconnected nodes

Post by eduramiba » 23 Apr 2017 21:33

Hi,
Just use the Attribute - Equal - ComponentID node filter.

MaryYacob

Post by MaryYacob » 23 Apr 2017 22:13

thank you, I tried it and it seems to give me the weak connections!? even when I input the lowest number (1), the main network disappear.
On a related subject; I understand that "network diameter" needs a connected network otherwise it goes to infinite or does not provide accurate centrality measures. So Should I filter out the unconnected nodes first (when I can find a way to do it) before running the network diameter. to ask in a different way; does the order of running the statistics matter?

MaryYacob

Post by MaryYacob » 24 Apr 2017 00:06

here are screen-shots of the "Connected Components" report which only identifies weakly and strongly connected nodes (not unconnected). and another screen-shot with the filter suggested (only shows the number of weakly connected nodes) and the network overview.
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 1.01.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 1.01.36 AM.png