Problems with labes

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gambit
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Problems with labes

Post by Gambit » 14 Dec 2016 16:02

Hi!
I'm new about gephi and i'm trying with my first examples.
My very large problem now is something about labels, to let you understand better, this is a graph i made yesterday with the network of facebook pages "friends" of Donald Trump.
As you can see, i would like to show some labels, just the most important, but there are very many small labels all around. I tryed to set the dimension fitting the degree of the node, but all small labels remain, creating a disturbing "black writes cloud".
I would ask you, if it s possible, how do those things:

1) put a degree level under which LABELS ARE TRANSPARENT, for example says: all labels under degrees X are not visible. I already can set a color range (for ex from grey to black) but i cannot set a ALPHA TRANSPARENT range from 0 to 100%, for example, or something like that.

2) If it s possible, i would like set not a ABSOLUTE degree but RELATIVE to the cluster, so in a cloud made of little nodes, there will be the biggest of the cluster that is visible, and the other not.

i hope it s possible.
Thank you so much.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Problems with labes

Post by eduramiba » 14 Dec 2016 16:21

You can workaround it:

1. Go to Filters Window
2. Create a 'Topology - Degree Range' filter
3. Configure it so when you apply it, you only see the nodes that you would like to remove the labels from
4. Once filtered, go to data laboratory, where you will only see the filtered nodes.
5. Select all rows in the nodes table
6. Right click one row and choose 'Clear all...', then check the label column and accept the dialog (you can make a copy of the column first so you don't lose data).

Also, you can configure Gephi to show a column (or columns) different than label in the configure dialog in overview (next to the font size).

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 14 Dec 2016 22:23

Actually, there is an easier way, filters has a button to hide labels of filtered nodes/edges.
Attachments
filters-labels.png
filters-labels.png (5KiB)Viewed 3121 times

Gambit

Post by Gambit » 14 Dec 2016 23:07

i ve tried this options but clicking on it nothing happens

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 14 Dec 2016 23:26

Note you have to click it every time you change filtering:

1. Configure the filter
2. Apply the filter
3. Click the hide labels button
4. Stop the filter to see the full graph with hidden labels