Filters UI improvements

Visual manipulations and refinements
happyconch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Filters UI improvements

Post by happyconch » 20 Jun 2011 15:38

mbastian wrote:However you can already achieve many things using the new MASK operators. That would let you get the nodes connected to a set of other nodes (the partition nodes) and therefore get the neighbors.
Sorry for the dumb question, but can you explain a bit further how you would do that? I can't find my way around using MASK and neighbors filters. I would like to filter a partition set, then shows all connected neighbors which fulfill some additional condition (degree, partition, etc.), like "what are the biomarkers which are 2nd degree neighbors of these proteins".
Eventually, I believe this should be done by a right-click out of any selection, like CTRL-click, rectangle tool etc. I select nodes, then I ask for 1st degree or 2nd degree neighbors. If I need additional constraints on neighbors, that's where I use the filters.
This is basic manipulation, which should be easy to reach.
Thanks

happyconch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by happyconch » 20 Jun 2011 23:37

OK. Got it. Never mind....

hdean83@gmail.com

Post by hdean83@gmail.com » 05 Sep 2013 15:34

Hi - I have read through threads on Unions, and I'm still not certain how to create a union from the following filters: Intra Edges (Science Theme); Node Partition (Science Theme) and Inter Edges (Science Theme).

I basically want to capture the network of interactions and nodes defined by a certain parameter and connected in a few ways (by node, and by outgoing as well as incoming connections), so that I can define a sub network of connections.

The problem is that dragging any one of these individual filters to a subfilter spot filters the results further, rather than adding results together (as a Union, "OR") query might.

I can do this manually and within spreadsheets (and then import the results again into Gephi in order to obtain a visualization), but I'm wondering if it's possible to perform a UNION within Gephi, and the steps to take, or the plugin that I might need to do so.

Thanks for your help and continued support. This software is really invaluable.

HDean