[SOLVED] Edit node appearance with node attributes

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
martin.pernollet
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Edit node appearance with node attributes

Post by martin.pernollet » 05 Oct 2010 12:57

Hi,

First thanks to the authors and contributors of this great tool!

I have seen that Gephi GraphML importer supports attributes, and could successfully see the node attributes in the data laboratory.
I am wondering if it is possible to specify some node rendering attributes (color, size, etc) according to one or several attribute values for each node?
If so, is it possible to specify an icon for a node based on an attribute value?

Thanks in advance,
Martin
--------
Please visit: http://code.google.com/p/jzy3d

martin.pernollet
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Edit node appearance with node attributes

Post by martin.pernollet » 05 Oct 2010 13:05

:oops:
The "partition" tool is exactly what I need for coloring nodes according to an attribute value.
A question remains concerning icons for nodes but I guess I might be complicated ;)
Martin

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Re: Edit node appearance with node attributes

Post by mbastian » 05 Oct 2010 16:58

If so, is it possible to specify an icon for a node based on an attribute value?
No that is not possible, but it's in the Ideas. The new visualization engine project started this summer, as a Google Summer of Code project allows it.