[FIXED] Ego Filter

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
psychemedia
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[FIXED] Ego Filter

Post by psychemedia » 15 Sep 2010 16:57

Hi
An obvious question, and one that I've forgotten the answer to offhand if I knew it:

- how do I get a view over an individual node and the node's neightbours? The ego filter depth 1 shows nodes connected to a specific node, but omit the parent node. How do I show depth 0-1?

Related to this: in a directed graph, is it possible to display, for a specified node:

- just the nodes connected to the specified node by incoming edges to the specified node?
- just the nodes connected to the specified node by outgoing edges from the specified node?

thanks
tony

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ego Filter

Post by mbastian » 26 Sep 2010 17:17

- how do I get a view over an individual node and the node's neightbours? The ego filter depth 1 shows nodes connected to a specific node, but omit the parent node. How do I show depth 0-1?
That option is missing in the Ego Filter I think, I can add this I think.
Related to this: in a directed graph, is it possible to display, for a specified node:

- just the nodes connected to the specified node by incoming edges to the specified node?
- just the nodes connected to the specified node by outgoing edges from the specified node?
Yes that will be possible with the new MASK operator released in 0.7beta. It's a little bit hack as MASK will only keep edges, then by applying a degree range filter and removing degree zero it will do the job I think.

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Re: Ego Filter

Post by mbastian » 28 Sep 2010 16:29

I added a "With Self" option to the filter (see bug 649908), it will be included in the beta release this week ;)