[SOLVED] Sliders

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
daniel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Sliders

Post by daniel » 10 Sep 2010 16:28

Edit : Ok, I just figured out that you can click on the range values (on the Filter tab) and input a specific value. It would be nice to have the same thing on the ranking tab.

Hello,

I use gephi a lot lately for visualizing graphs with lots of node attributes. So I often need to set the size or color of a node to visualize a part of the graph and then export that part in a new workspace and play with it.

In order to do that I have to set the range of values of interest but I have two major complains with the sliders on the ranking tab :
Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (2.35KiB)Viewed 2842 times
There is no way to manually input a min or max value for the range : sometimes there is no other way to select a specific value.

When the attribute values are not evenly distributed on the nodes : for example say that I have an integer attribute that has most of its values between 1 and 500, but then has a few that are close to 500 000. Since the slider is evenly scaled between the min and max values (1 and 500 000), it makes it pretty much useless since I can't select anything close to my area of interest.

Regards,

Daniel.

rotten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sliders

Post by rotten » 10 Sep 2010 17:31

I find the sliders themselves pretty confusing as well. However, I really like the "spline" feature, which I think will solve your immediate problem. You can pick a curve shape, and even, to some extent, manually tweak the curve. You don't have to use a linear mapping....