[SOLVED] Seeing properties of a node when selecting it?

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
seinecle
Gephi Community Support
[SOLVED] Seeing properties of a node when selecting it?

Post by seinecle » 08 Sep 2010 12:06

Hi,

Would it be possible to see the properties of a node when mousing over it (or selecting it?). The information could appear in a tooltip, or maybe in the "context" window.

If this is already possible, I could not find it!

Best,

Clement

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Seeing properties of a node when selecting it?

Post by admin » 08 Sep 2010 13:38

Hi,

It's possible no clicking on it with the Edit tool (see on the list of interaction tools here).

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 09 Sep 2010 06:10

Hi,

Thx! The "Edit" window does not appear in the windows list of the menu? (and I can't remember having ever seen it!) Anyway, let's wait and see Gephi 0.8 to see if this issue remains.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by admin » 09 Sep 2010 09:50

The Edit window only appears by using the corresponding tool. Yes, it's a hack :)

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 09 Sep 2010 11:09

That will save me quite some time thx! :-)

resende

Re: [SOLVED] Seeing properties of a node when selecting it?

Post by resende » 06 Aug 2012 23:37

Can you elaborate a bit about exactly HOW I can turn this on? I'd like to be able to see info about the node I'm mousing over, or selecting. Don't see EDIT anywhere. Using 0.8.1-Beta. Thanks!

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 08 Aug 2012 14:02

Look at the icons on the left of the visualization. There is a list at the top, the Edit tool is the one at the very bottom of this list.

resende

Post by resende » 08 Aug 2012 17:38

Thanks, I found it after submitting my post, but was unable to recall it. Maybe this will help the next person.
:)