Node Size based on Edge Attributes

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
achaudhury
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Node Size based on Edge Attributes

Post by achaudhury » 17 Sep 2014 12:10

I am new at Gephi and loving its capabilities. I have setup a project for community interactions. I have interviewed 30 community members and mapped their interactions with outside organisation using a directed network. When I create the visual map, it correctly shows the node sizes based on in degree and out degree.

I have also collected attribute date for the edges such that I ask community members what the interactions are for. These are in three categories

1- Knowledge
2- Resources
3- Wellbeing

In the edges if a person identifies a category I have put an integer 1 and if not then 0. Using filters I can then run the ranges to see which nodes have these interactions. It correctly shows the number of edges for these three categories separately.

My challenge is that I want to show the node size based on these categories. So if I filter just for knowledge interactions I want see the node size change based on this interaction. Presently, the filters show the edges but maintain the size based on the original out degree or in degree that I run in Rankings.

I would appreciate if anyone has worked on this.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable