Why Gephi hides most of edges on graph?

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Joomler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Why Gephi hides most of edges on graph?

Post by Joomler » 05 Jun 2014 12:51

I have a csv file with graph formatted as edge list, ie Source, Target, Label, Type (Directed), Weight (all weights = 1)
It consist of 31900 edges as i checked in Data laboratory.
Then i go to view my graph and in the Context (right top corner of Gephi) i see:
Nodes: 1869
Edges: 3160

Why number of edges is not 31900, why it's 10 times smaller??

My guess Gephi somehow reduce this number, because if i compute Average weighted degree it it shows it 17, so if i multiply 1869 * 17,01 = 31959 - exactly the number of edges.
So where that edges on graph?

ivnvir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Why Gephi hides most of edges on graph?

Post by ivnvir » 30 Jun 2014 19:48

Are you sure the CSV formatting is fine? Maybe you're missing some commas or other characters?

From my experience, it's better for you to split the nodes csv and the edge csv.