Make stronger weight edges stand out

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
burgerking
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Make stronger weight edges stand out

Post by burgerking » 25 Feb 2014 04:55

I have a network graph with 100K+ edges. The nodes with stronger edges, despite being a sharper color and thicker, are stuck behind the cloud of small edges. You cannot see them unless you interact with the graph.

How can I get these stronger edges to stand out at the forefront?

Thanks

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Make stronger weight edges stand out

Post by seinecle » 26 Feb 2014 10:38

Hi,
if you have access to programmatic means I'd suggest to save your file in a gexf format ( File -> export -> Graph, then select gexf format). Then you'd modify with a script the z attribute of the source and target nodes involved in the edges you want to place in the forefront. (The z attribute controls for the "depth" of a nodes position in the 3D visual field). This would probably not easy but worth a try.

Best,

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable