Evaluating modules

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
innocom
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Evaluating modules

Post by innocom » 05 Feb 2014 21:01

Hello,
I'm new to Gephi I have a couple of questions regarding how to evaluate modules. First of all, how can I see only the modules with a given number (or expressions like bigger than) of nodes in it? Is there a way to get the minimum number of nodes a module must have to be considered as such?
Thanks!

Dani

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Evaluating modules

Post by seinecle » 07 Feb 2014 17:24

Hi,
Are you talking of communities identified by "modularity_class"?
If so, you can hide / show some of them by using filters, specifically: Partition -> Modularity Class. You can learn how to use filters with tutorials here: http://www.clementlevallois.net/training.html

You will also find a filter which will hide / show groups comprising at least / no more than a number of members (that's the filter Partition Number -> Modularity).

However at the moment it is not possible to set a parameter indicating how many members a group should have to be considered a group, when you run the modularity algorithm. That would be convenient indeed...

Hope it helps,

Clement

innocom
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Evaluating modules

Post by innocom » 09 Feb 2014 18:28

Thanks Clement, but I was asking how to do it in the Data Lab section, I did it with the filters. Regarding the parameter indicating how many members a group should have to be considered a group, it would be really useful.
Thanks!

Dani