Inter Nodes

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
paulbroyles
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Inter Nodes

Post by paulbroyles » 26 Nov 2013 16:03

I'm relatively new to Gephi (and network analysis in general), so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.

I'm working with a graph representing the occurrence of literary works in anthologies. Each work is represented by a node; edges indicate that the texts occur in the same anthology. Each edge has an Anthology attribute indicating which anthology it represents.

I want to filter out works that occur only in a single anthology. The way to test for this, given my data, is to see whether a node possesses edges with different Anthology attributes. If all a node's edges have the same Anthology attribute, the node should be filtered out. However, if a node has any two edges with different Anthology attribute (even if they connect it to the same node), it should be retained.

It seems as though basically I need an equivalent to the Inter Edges filter for nodes; I want nodes that lie between two different kinds of edges, but not nodes with only a single kind of edge. I can't figure out a way to do this with the available filters. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable