Hoe to get the Ego Network of multiple nodes?

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
shan_333
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hoe to get the Ego Network of multiple nodes?

Post by shan_333 » 21 Nov 2013 07:08

Using the Ego Network filter in topology allows me to feed the node ID of one particular node and then there is an option to change the depth.

What I would ideally need is to be able to input multiple node ids in that field.

Neighbour ntwrk filter would allow me to get the depth of a particular egonetwork > 3 but how can I
get the ego networks of two separate nodes ?

One option I guess is to get the ego network of one node and copy those nodes to new workspace and then go back and select ego network of other node and send it to the new workspace. (not sure if this makes sense)
But is there any other way of doing it ? :roll:

rnovak
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hoe to get the Ego Network of multiple nodes?

Post by rnovak » 19 Feb 2014 20:58

Really simple. When you have the individual Ego Network queries that you want, use the UNION operator. Also INTERSECTION might be useful for your development.

So, use UNION and add Ego Network just inside the UNION operator. Now please be careful because it is easy to have queries slip to a lower level sub filter. So it should look like this:
UNION:
Ego Network (UNION subfilter)
< Not Here as a subfilter under Ego Network>

Experiment and good luck!

shan_333

Re: Hoe to get the Ego Network of multiple nodes?

Post by shan_333 » 20 Feb 2014 05:49

rnovak wrote:Really simple. When you have the individual Ego Network queries that you want, use the UNION operator. Also INTERSECTION might be useful for your development.

So, use UNION and add Ego Network just inside the UNION operator. Now please be careful because it is easy to have queries slip to a lower level sub filter. So it should look like this:
UNION:
< Not Here as a subfilter under Ego Network>

Experiment and good luck!
Thanks! rnovak
Will try :)