Run Timeline automatically

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lynntesia
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Run Timeline automatically

Post by lynntesia » 28 Jul 2013 05:30

I am wondering if there is any way to run the timeline on a dynamic graph in Gephi automatically (with out doing it manually or using the user interface). Is it possible to modify code from the Timeline api?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Run Timeline automatically

Post by eduramiba » 28 Jul 2013 23:08

Hi,
You can a plugin that calls the Timeline API http://gephi.org/docs/api/org/gephi/tim ... mmary.html

Eduardo

lynntesia

Post by lynntesia » 29 Jul 2013 01:40

Thanks for the reply!

Do you have any suggestions for how to do this? My goal is to be able to open Gephi and the Graph view from code written in Netbeans (Java) and have to display the graph growing dynamically. I have written a dynamic gexf graph but the only way I can think of to show the dynamic behavior is with the timeline, is this correct?

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 30 Jul 2013 09:49

Hi,

The Timeline API is a UI component, which means that you can use it to write plugins for the Gephi desktop version, not the headless toolkit version (because the headless toolkit is used for non-UI stuff).

Sometime in the future Gephi will have methods to generate videos of a dynamic network. At the moment, there are only hackish ways to do that. The basic principle would be to generate lots of png pics from your graph, taken small intervals in time after another. Then you collate these pngs into a movie with a specific library such as:

http://fmj-sf.net/ffmpeg-java/getting_started.php

or

http://www.randelshofer.ch/blog/2010/10 ... pure-java/

Best,

Clement