Transform Parts instead of entire Partition?

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Apple Cider
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Transform Parts instead of entire Partition?

Post by Apple Cider » 01 Jul 2013 17:27

Hello all,

I'm looking for a way to have multiple ranking/partition transformations working in conjunction.

I've got a partition of nodes, and I'd like to transform some of the parts based on a ranking, and the other parts based on the partition. Currently I'm transforming the entire graph with the ranking, then using a custom class to color and size certain parts based on the partition. Seems very limited though. For instance, if I wanted to transform one part based on some ranking, and another part based on a different ranking, I don't see a way to do that.

It looks like partitions can be based on the graph, so maybe new graphs/graphviews can be constructed in order to create partitions that don't represent all the elements. Then those partitions can be transformed and only affect subsets of the graph. But that seems a bit ugly, and I'm not sure it could work to allow partial Ranking transformations.

Hope that's clear. I'd be glad to clarify anything that isn't. Thanks!

Apple Cider
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Transform Parts instead of entire Partition?

Post by Apple Cider » 10 Jul 2013 23:02

Same question here: http://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2350

Way more succinct though: "Is it possible to rank the nodes within each partition. Seems that both ranking and partition include all the nodes right now."