Filter by connection criteria

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ollieglass
Filter by connection criteria

Post by ollieglass » 01 Jun 2013 13:17

I'm not sure what the correct terminology is for this filter. I'd like to hide all nodes and edges where nodes of a certain type only have one connection to nodes of a different type.

I've attached an image to help explain. The light and dark blue nodes are different types - let's call them type 1 (dark) and type 2 (light).

I'd only like to show type 1 nodes where they have a connection to a type 2 node that also has a connection to a different type 1 node. The cluster marked "keep" is an example of this, the one marked "hide" doesn't pass the filter criteria.

Would appreciate help with terminology as well as how to apply this query in Gephi.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-06-01 at 13.10.34.png

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Filter by connection criteria

Post by admin » 01 Jun 2013 14:11

To my knowledge I'm not aware of a specific terminology. You have a bipartite graph, but to filter the way you want you need to code your own filter.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable